Bath time isn't as much fun for Leyton as it used to be. I don't know why, since he is standing sitting up in the tub on his own. He has toys to play with and a fun little bath mat to look at. He likes it for the first few minues and then he is bored to death and fussy. Then the dreaded wash time comes and he is kicking and screaming like a crazy man. Hopefully just a phase? I love bath time. I can brush my teeth, clean up the bathroom, wash my face...those unheard of things, these days.

(obviously this was the first few minutes of happiness)
The smell of a clean baby makes the heart happy. I can't help but bury my nose into his pudgy skin and inhale.
Let me go ahead and be honest real fast. The whole going to sleep by yourself, crying, not using me as human paci thing...well, it didn't last long.
It's a hard thing to stick to, especially when my schedule is so crazy with nannying. He is in different places for naps. Now, if we are home, I will nurse him to sleep and then put him in his crib. I feel bad making him cry forever in his crib.
Yes, forever.
He is a strong willed child. He is just the biggest snuggler! So last night I was serioulsy a paci from midnight unil 7 this morning. Guess who is tired?? MOMMA. I never get a long span of sleep time. Usually about 2 hours max. I love the snuggling but for some reason I just can't sleep snuggled up. I have to be comfortable and in just the right position.
Annoying, I know.
So it continues. The snuggling all night every night goes on :) Bags under your eyes are cute, right? I promise he won't be nursing to sleep at age 5. We will break the cycle one day. For now, I will enjoy the snuggles and sleepless nights.
Those eyes just beg to snuggle. Who could pass it up?
I couldn't pass it up, that's for sure. Love snuggle time!
ReplyDeleteAshley, he's so sweet! I love those jammies, by the way :).
ReplyDeleteHi! I'm your newest follower! I found you on Top Baby Blogs. I love finding new blogs and yours is lovely:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteYour photos are gorgeous and so is your little man
Also, I have several giveaways all for GORGEOUS handmade baby stuff so check them out of you come by. I'm guessing you would like them:)
Nice to meet you!
Gorgeous photos! I love the story they all tell together! I love your blog!
ReplyDeleteoh man, you have waaaay more patience than i do! we just started cry it out last week, as much as i like to snuggle baby boy i think i had reached my breaking point and just had to start teaching him to sleep on his own. you kind of have to be ready for it, it's so hard to do if you aren't. hang in there! when you are ready, you'll know and it will be like 10000 easier for you to stick with.
ReplyDeletecute blog and great pictures! thank you for your sweet comment the other day!