Monday, August 30, 2010

Sleeping with Norah.

Last night was the first night of "crying it out" in the crib, for Leyton. To be honest, he really hasn't even been sleeping in his crib until now. He has slept with me since he came home from the hospital. I love it. Everything about it. Snuggling, smelling his every breath on my face, feeling his little feet move around, and listening to his occasional snores. But, the time has come for him to move to the crib. ONLY because I am getting zero sleep. He was getting up every two hours and now the past few weeks it has been every hour. I am serving as a human pacifier. With 18 hours of school, 40+ hours of nannying, and keeping up with Ley...I need sleep. BAD. Soooooo, I went for it last night. I had nothing to lose. Except a few tears. Because, gosh, it is heartbreaking.
Norah Jones has been doing a good job of getting Ley to sleep in the car so I brought her inside for the night. I nursed him, loved on him, laid in the crib with a lovey (baby blanky), and let Norah do her thing. Norah sang. Leyton cried. Ashley cried. I went in a couple times and rubbed his back to calm him down, but never picked him up. Proud?? I am. He was asleep in 15 LONG minutes. He woke up every couple of hours crying and I would crank Nora back up. I did get him up and feed him once.
NIGHT ONE WAS A SUCCESS. The best part was....he still liked me this morning!!! Even after all of those tears, we are still friends :)

Thank you Norah.
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. way to go momma!!! keep it up and it will make for a happier, well-rested mommy and leyton!!! he is growing way too fast and is so stinkin' cute!!! i still want to catch up with you and chat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe- he has sunshine eyes, like my kids do, when they smile!
    Glad that it went well for you overall- it does only get better!
    ~Hayley

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay!! It is heartbreaking - I remember those days. I only WISH Madison would let me sleep with her now! LoL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe, I can't stand hearing my son cry in his room either. I'm so glad that Leyton's night turned out good and he was able to get some sleep and was happy in the morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job! Jaidyn coslept with us until she was 3...and I was pregnant with Ayla...that was BAD!! It's a good thing you are doing this now, and I had the same experience with Ayla...I was a human paci until she was about 9 months old and I had had enough...the first week is difficult but it gets SO much better SO fast! Keep it up mommy! You got this!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...