Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Goodbye Edisto

Welcome to George and Pinks, Leyton.
See what kind of havoc you can wreak here.

Mrs. Pink has been running this produce stand beside her house for 39 years.


Before going in we walked around to see Pink's chickens, geese, and ducks in the yard. You would know that Leyton spotted a "ball" underneath the fence where the geese were (He can find a ball anywhere). Wish I had pictures of all of this happening, but he crouched down and stuck his little hand under the fence to grab the "ball," when 25 geese went running and quacking/screaming/crying to the other side of the coop. Leyton came up with a ball goose egg, which he pulled from under a goose's BUTT. Scared Leyton to death, he started crying, all while holding up his egg saying "a ball." There is NEVER dull moment. I promise...never.





Don't let this story break your heart, just take it for what it is and laugh. He doesn't know what the word daddy is yet.

While at the pool one day, Leyton heard a little girl call for her daddy, who was sitting on the side of the pool. Leyton picked up on the word, and immediately started saying it. "Daddy, daddy, daddy," he wanted to get out of the pool and go see "daddy." Spent the next little while sitting on this dudes lap saying daddy and wouldn't leave him. He cried for "daddy" with both arms out towards this guy as my mom was leaving the pool with him. Like I said, he will repeat anything, and he loves guys for some reason. In this case, he loved "daddy"...a lot.


This has been such a fun week. Haven't really done anything except play on the beach and ride bikes. We did go into Charleston one night, for mom's birthday. Leyton has been extra clingy this week, but I guess he picked a good week to do so.










I wasn't sure what to expect with Leyton on the beach. He absolutely loved it, though.
My fish boy loves the water.












Hard leaving the beach and relaxation.
Going to miss early morning bike rides.
Watching the dolphins jump at sunset.
My baby boy running and splashing in the water.
The ocean waves crashing at my feet.
But, I love my home. So happy to be back. Mountains beat the beach any day, in my opinion.
Life is better at the beach in the mountains.




Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Looks like an absolutely AMAZING time! Loved the pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like so much fun! The pictures of the beach are gorgeous!! And I wish we had a produce place like that where I live!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...