Hi. I'm sure you forgot I had a blog. So did I, obviously.
Or maybe I didn't forget, I just haven't felt like doing one. Either way.
Y'all have missed out on a lot. Leyton might as well be 12 now. And, I might as well cry about it because time clearly isn't going to slow down.
Went for his 18 month check-up last week. Yea, I said it. 18 months. Told you, time isn't slowing down. He's in the 95th percentile for height and 75th for weight. Same old same.
He is still O.B.S.E.S.S.E.D with any type of ball. Although he can say any word, he chooses to talk about a ball 90% of the time. Basketball, football, baseball...all day long. While your kid might like Mickey Mouse Club House or Blue's Clues, mine likes Sportscenter and football games. Your kid sleeps with a blankie or stuffed animal. Mine sleeps with a ball. That's honest.
Either I've learned how to spank, or Leyton learned how to listen. I admit, it's hard not to laugh when he is laughing, as badly as he needs the spanking. Not only that, he gets somewhat confused with who spanks who. Sometimes he spanks himself, no lie. Whole new meaning to the words self disipline. Sometimes he spanks me back. Really. Don't laugh, I know your kid did that too. BUT, this week, we are getting it a little better. He does something wrong, I spank him, he cries, learns his lesson, then we are friends again. Or something like that. Sometimes I do just have to laugh and say "you really need a dad to spank you." Something about the word 'dad', when in trouble, makes kids straighten up. God did not give me a laid back child. In fact, some days I would argue that he is stronger than I am. We are getting there though. Twos are not going to be terrible for us. I refuse :)
So, let's play catch up from this summer. I do have lots of pictures :) Bare with the randomness.

I just started my last semester of classes, trying to figure out jobs, houses, student teaching, and being mom. God is teaching me to trust him with each day. That's it. Day by day. Good day or bad day. While life might be crazy, unsettled, and completely unpredictable at the moment, I love this life. And I love this boy.

Goodbye summer. This girl is ready for fall. I'll start the countdown...

No comments:
Post a Comment