Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Spring.

Spring is here. No, wait. Spring has been here. Winter failed us.
And, I have failed at blogging. Surprise. So this is picture dump post. 

We had a first today. Out of nowhere, while riding in the car, Leyton says, "I love you, mommy." That will slow your world down for a minute. If he only knew how much his mommy loved him. If only I could have stopped the car while driving on the interstate. Don't think it didn't cross my mind. I wanted to squeeze him. Gosh, he so knows what I need, just when I need it. Be STILL my heart. Be still.

If there is such thing as encouraging your kid too much, we do it. However, I don't think there is such thing. It's no big deal that Ley tells himself after singing Twinkle Little Star that "he sings so good." Or after answering a question, "He is so smart. " In fact, many times a day he tells himself "Him is kind, him is smart, him is important." And him really is all of those things. Guess it just goes to show how much a child is listening, and taking in the things that you say to them.


If you ask me right now, I love terrible two's. Ask me in ten minutes and my answer may change. That's about how it goes these days. One minute is bliss, next is brutaaaaaal. I seriously laugh all day long at this kid. Even when I'm supposed to be serious, and disciplining...I can't help but laugh.  I can't get enough of him. I can't stop kissing his face. He's crazy sweet. He's crazy wild. I got more energy in one kid than ten kids put together. At age two, Leyton has more determination and drive, than I do at 23. Promise he could make it further in life than me...right now. 
Which means my struggle in life right now is knowing that I'm not the worst mom ever. I'm raising the most strong willed kid ever. Who has the most energy ever. ever. ever. ever. ever. really. ever. Also accepting one of the greatest challenges in life. Disciplining. Hard. So hard.

Remember the battles that I said I chose not to fight? Here are some more... 
Note the one elbow pad.  Just one.
Raincoat, no diaper. Sure, Batman.
Sag like a gangsta. Absolutely.
Play baseball in your tie. Right on.


Guess we will go on a search for the Easter Bunny this week. I haven't even mentioned him yet. Dye some Easter eggs? Hide some eggs? Easter came a little fast.
Aaaand maybe I will do an Easter post. Maybe. Just maybe.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. He is such a cutie and he looks like he is so much fun, swinging, jumping and flying like Batman ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...