Saturday's Easter egg hunt went something like this...we get to the park where 4039343483 kids are running around waiting for the hunt to start. We go to our assigned spot for his age group, and wait for the horn to blow. The whole time I am thinking to myself, Leyton is going to have a knock down drag out with the kid that takes the egg he wants. We are still learning the sharing thing. However, it was not anything like what I had anticipated. After holding Leyton back from the thousands of eggs for a while, the horn finally blows. Ley walks maybe 8 feet to the first egg, sits down, opens it, and eats the candy. The end. One egg.
Good job, Mr. Determination.
While leaving the park he whispered "oh my gosh" at the sight of every Easter basket that was overflowing with eggs.
Lesson learned?
There's always next Easter.
I love Easter. I love spring. I love what this holiday means. What happened on this day so long ago.
Grave conquered.
The power that conquered it, lives in me.
Happy Easter!







Your little man is so handsome Ashley! It looks like you had a perfect Easter :)
ReplyDelete