culprit: stomach bug
We have moved Leyton into a new room. He has been a little upset about the move, or seems to be. He doesn't quite understand why all of his stuff has been moved up two flights of steps. "Nat's(That's) my bed," he has told us a hundred times while taking it apart to get through doors. Maybe he hates change as much as I do? It's good for you, little dude, it's good for us all!
Last night was his first night in the new room. Short lived. I tried to get him all pumped up about the new room. I thought it had worked. We put on NEW pajamas, read a NEW book, and he laid down....for maybe 10 minutes. Are you allowed to talk about your child throwing up on a blog? I'm about to. Seriously, the dinner that was eaten 3+ hours before bedtime reappeared. Want to see a confused kid? Watch him throw up for the first time. Confusion. The next twelve hours were far from pretty. I'll spare the details. Let's just say that 5 sets of sheets, 6 pairs of pajamas, and 9 showers later, the stomach bug won. I did get to snuggle with my boy in between getting sick. As you know, those moments never happen with a highly active boy. First time he had slept with me in well over a year. So, thanks for that part, stomach bug.
{instagram}
Kids are so resilient.
Momma, well, she is still recovering, drinking lots of coffee to stay awake, and praying that she doesn't get it next.
Happy Tuesday!


I was reading your post and I saw someone familiar. It's nice to see someone like me. Reading your posts, you are very fortunate to have such supportive looking family and friends.
ReplyDeleteFeel free to drop by and check us out :)
I just can't stop shedding tears . I am overwhelmed with joy, pride, memories of my own children and each step of the way taken towards the moment when they "are all grown up and want you to see them as anything but your baby".
ReplyDeleteThey will always be my babies.
Relish each moment, Ashley. As life will go by so fast you will look into your babies eyes and he will be all grown up . I can't tell you how many times I've cried sincey baby left for college to make a way for himself. But I CAN tell you I miss his laughter and his smile. His hug and the sound of his voice.
I know one day that I'll get over it. I just haven't gotten to that " one day".