Thought I would do a post about Leybo's favorites, since I haven't in a long time. This is mainly for me. I want to remember these things later in life, since my memory fails me.
Favorite bed time song: used to be Jesus Loves Me and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, like a normal kid. Now it's Where I Belong by Building 429. Please, youtube it and listen. Then imagine me singing that, without music, to get Ley to calm down and go to SLEEP. Oh, and my voice...well it's not so great. Just sayin'. It's quite the bedtime scene. But, he chants and begs for "I belong" so I sing my heart out while he nods his head to the beat. Don't get me wrong, I love the song. In the car. With the windows down. Really loud. Bedtime lullaby? Not so much.
I do have to say that "the worst sleeper ever" has turned into the best.The year of sleepless nights paid off. He's truly been the best sleeper for the past year (given a few sick nights in there). He sleeps about 11 hours at night and then naps for about 4 hours in the afternoon. He loves going to bed. Sing song, say prayers, and walk out. The end.
He is also the best eater. Besides his crazy sweet tooth that gets him in a lot of trouble, he will eat just about anything you put in front of him. I can't think of any fruit or veggies he doesn't like. He loves dip of any kind, on anything. So if there is ever something he won't eat, I just slap some dip on the plate, and it's no longer something he "no like it momma". He literally begs for candy, cookies, and ice cream all day long. He gets that honestly. I love sweets.
Potty training has been put on a little hold. I'm facing the challenge of him going all day long just to get a jelly bean. If I gave him a jelly bean for every time he sits down and something comes out, we would go through a few bags a day. He doesn't understand the difference between going pee and dripping a few drops just to get the jelly bean. Struggle. Plus, I can't exactly hang out in the bathroom all day long while he busts every blood vessel in his face trying to get something out.
His favorite and only thing he plays with is still a ball. All day long. Doesn't look like that is going to change. He plays by himself about 10 minutes out of the day. Literally. He is not exactly the most independent child when it comes to playing. However, everything else in life, he wants to do by himself. Such as, pouring his own drink, putting his clothes on, getting up in chairs, etc.
Bath time happens more than once a day around here. Sometimes like 4 times. Leyton loves to take baths. Considering he has mild eczema, that mostly comes out in the winter, it probably isn't so great for his skin. But, there are bigger battles to be fought.
I have no clue about his height/weight stuff. We don't go to the doctor until next week. Judging by the kids in his Sunday school class, well, let's just say, he could eat those kids for lunch. No, seriously. Surely they have him in the wrong class? Guess the doctors will let us know for sure.
He can pretty much count to ten. His favorite set of numbers is 7 8 9, so he will throw those in random places every now and then. He has his colors down pretty good, and his alphabet is hilarious. He sings it exactly as he hears it. Those letters make funky, non-existent words in his rendition.
Leyton has always been full of energy. Never sitting still, never slowing down. He's non-stop. His personality is so sweet and fun. He melts my heart constantly. He tests my patience daily. It's good for me. He knows what he wants. I hope that gets him far in life. I hope the strong willed nature of my boy drives him to chase every dream. I hope he never stops. I also hope he has kids that have as much energy as him one day :)
Tomorrow is the big day! Leyton can't stop talking about it. Pictures and post to come...





Aww cute pics ! My Joshy looooves his baths aswell, I am starting to think it's a boy thing because my little brother loves a bath and when he was younger he used to be in there for like an hour lol x x x
ReplyDeleteI can't stop the tears....
ReplyDelete