Friday, January 13, 2012

Random

Leyton is 23 months old....and one day. He's kind of getting big. Maybe that has something to do with why he woke up at 10:30 this morning. I've always heard 23 months was harder than 22 months. And, as I'm writing this, he is eating breakfast in his highchair. I wish I was joking but, so far he's eaten 2 eggs, 2 pieces of sausage, toast, yogurt, bowl of cereal, apple, and strawberries. I didn't know the whole "eating you out of house and home" thing started this early. I'm scared for what the next 16 years look like.


Leyton has been doing some crazy talking lately. He says it all, and then some. He is no longer using one or two words at time to communicate. He uses full sentences and carries on a conversation well. He surprises me with how much he remembers. Kid is smart. Aside from the fits that he pitches with so much grace, he is a blast these days. He cracks me up all day long. He loves reading books, playing any game with a ball, and watching sports! He's still not big on playing by himself, and there aren't many toys that he plays with other than a ball. He doesn't watch any tv or movies. He just runs, jumps, throws, climbs, and acts crazy all day.
Told you how he goes potty every five minutes so he can get a piece of candy. Well he is still doing that. Only he figured out how to sneak it when he isn't going potty, too.....by stacking his toys up in the pantry and climbing.

We had our first little (and I mean little) snow last week. We took Ley out and pulled him around in the dusting of white powder that hardly covered the grass. Makes for a tough pull.

I couldn't get him to put any gloves on. So he learned the hard way what numb hands feel like. He's always got to learn things the hard way. That's a strong willed child for you.


Bet he will wear gloves next time.




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...