"Who, me?"
Leyton had no care in the world for his little cookout last night. In fact, he just wanted to sleep. 2 months was a great excuse for chicken on the grill, corn on the cob, and homemade coconut cupcakes. The very best cupcakes you've ever put in your mouth, that is. I'm picky about icing. This icing was Y-U-M.
Here is the family, minus Bo, with the 2 month old :)
Leyton also had his second trip to church yesterday morning. He slept for the first half of service, not because he doesn't love Jesus, but his belly was just full.
I am loving the 2 month old stage (see, I told you I would like all of them.) There is nothing sweeter than Leyton's smile and sounds. When his belly is fully and diaper is clean he will lay back and smile and laugh at everything you say to him. Actually he even smiles and laughs when someone talks to the dog. I guess baby talk and dog talk sound the same? However, he does have some lungs on him when he isn't happy. The boy can let everyone within a 10 mile radius know how he feels by his cry. Like, I'm-going-to-punch-your-lights-out-and-stop-breathing-if-you-don't-do-something-real-quick kind of cry. He hasn't developed the tears to go along with the cry just yet. So it does look a little fake at times :)
My boy is super strong and loves to push off of everything his feet touch. Sit him in the bath and he pushes of the side, lay him on my lap and he pushes off my stomach, hold him on my shoulder and he'll push and climb right up. I think he is going to be early to crawl and walk.
I've been trying to get him to fall asleep without having to eat in order to do so. Not that I mind having to feed him to sleep, but it's not always the most convenient and sometimes his tummy is too full for that. The best way I've found so far is pattin' that butt of his. He will occasionally fall asleep in the swing or cradle with his mobile going. He is sleeping a little better and getting on somewhat of a schedule with napping. He's developed a little bit of snore these days. Which I think is totally cute...maybe not so much in a few years?
Currently, his fists are his FAVORITE things. He tries to hard to see what those things are they he sucks on, and usually ends up punching himself in the face trying to do so. His eyes go cross trying to look at them. Kate tells him that he is "cross eyed-ed" like her. Near sighted, far sighted, and CROSS EYED-ED. Too funny.
Happy 2 months to my sweet LeyBo! Love you so...
Sweetness! He's growing soo fast!
ReplyDelete~Hayley
I can't believe it's been 2 months already... I just want to get there to see you and that sweet baby boy! Why is life so crazy?
ReplyDeleteCrazy it is. Wish we could slow it down.
ReplyDelete